The Kirche am Steinhof (also known as the Church of St. Leopold) by Otto Wagner is one of most important Art Nouveau churches. It was built from 1904 – 1907 and is located in the grounds of the Steinhof Psychiatric Hospital.
It was designed to fulfil the needs of psychiatric patients. A doctor’s consulting room, toilets and emergency exits were planned as part of its construction. The stained glass windows designed by Koloman Moser ensure that the interior of the church receives the greatest possible amount of daylight. The four angel figures over the main entrance are by Othmar Schimkowitz, the glass window is by Koloman Moser.