<< A-Z >>
Belvedere is a baroque palace complex (1723) that served as a summer residence for its builder, Prince Eugene of Savoy. The architect was Johann Lukas von Hildebrandt. Upper Belvedere is today home to the collection of paintings by Gustav Klimt, Egon Schiele and paintings from the 18th and 19th centuries. The Austrian State Treaty was signed here on 15 May 1955. It was this that regulated the withdrawal of the 4 occupying powers (SU, USA, F, GB) and guaranteed Austria’s independence and neutrality.